Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bravefish's Customs thread!

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 Empty Re: Bravefish's Customs thread!

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 am

I actually omitted the "embarrassing to point out" part. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 am

Actually, Me and Paul had a long and interesting conversation about breasts when I got to that point in the sculpt. He wanted something he could display when his parents came over, So we opted for less counterweight on the boobage Very Happy

Myn, Myn, I miss your customs, MAKE MOAR! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:32 am

I know at least one of you has seen a WIP of this, Just wanting to share Very Happy

Deep within the Flooded Forest, a giant lurks in the water. A giant beast capable of walking on land, or diving deep into the depths of the swamps and rivers, a Gobul has been discovered by a shining knight venturing too far all alone...

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JWuYtbAGeVtL5

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JKKkJIycb2XIt

The creature attacks, and the under-prepared son of Adam finds his path cut short.
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JC1uYhuXnvEQH

Sorry, I wanted to show a knight getting munched.
This here's Gobul, a leviathan type monster from the game series Monster Hunter. As an avid gamer, albeit not as much as some, I often find inspiration in the visual aspects of the games I play. Having always liked fish myself, when I encountered this beastie first time, I was immediately struck by it. Though I failed to capture the Gobul in all of its glory, I tried to exhibit on most of his features.
As seen in the pictures above, he's got his signature lantern, which I foolishly made from memory, with which he uses to stun his prey, flashing a light so bright you'll see stars!
I also managed to make him a tad smaller than he ought to be, which is nearly 7 foot when standing. Here you see he's the approximate height of our hero in steel.
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 Jhy83o24dSXNr

Though not very visible, this creation was crafted of Mega bloks plates and bricks, and a WoW Nightsabre, with the addition of a LOT of poly clay. Here you try to make out the leg posts from the Nightsabre:
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JbhkltM0aCG0db
Legs were 100% custom, tried as I could to use the legs from the WoW creature, they were simply too misshapen for the fish.

Here's another feature I was sure to add. In game, one of the goals in fighting the monsters is to carve various parts of the creatures ( usually when it's been defeated) to craft weapons and armor. In some instances, the monster's features may be damaged in battle, and carved while the creature is still fighting, in particular the tails, this one, of course is articulated and easily sever-able!
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 LECgZNjkaWF88
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JwHkjXg7er01b

There you have it, now go grab yourself a Gobul, happy hunting!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 am

Damit Brave, this may very well be the best Blok custom I have ever seen. Deffo a top contender. The sheer size of this thing and the exectution is seriously impressive. I want one! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Hehe, Thanks E! Didn't notice you replied! Such compliments! I don't think I deserve them but thank you so much anyways! Glad you liked my monster Very Happy Can't wait to pose him with my Hunter from LOKA

Back to top Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 Empty Hey guys.

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Haha. Well. I'm alive. Just wanted to share with you guys something I did to show ya I did something! Not something I'm particularly proud of but something nonetheless.

So Y'all know I'm pretty much a brony even though I constantly denying it to myself, Well I went to EQLA, which is a brony convention. Pretty much the single weirdest thing I've ever done, though also it was one of the most fun experiences I've had as well, met a lot of cool people, artists, crafters etc etc. Before I went, I wanted to advertise my pony making *very much worth the time I invested as well * by making these lovelies and giving them away.

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JguuzCFDl13qO_e

They were all taken graciously and netted me with several commissions. It was cool. Anyways, Off to work on more Monster hunter stuff Very Happy

Also, some of you may have seen this, but most of you haven't. I've been making Mega scale sculptures of Pokemon. Now's where you can tell me to grow up Razz but I refuse to listen to ya Very Happy Here's some pics.

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 J0KefiQjaGxMM_e
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JNEnYOmfmmjQr

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

ARGH!!! Theres so much pink! I dont think my eyes can take it. Dam those halo pony decos look awesome, easy to see why they were popular among your fellow bronies. Hell, even I want one! I think the Rainbow-Dash one is my favourite. The rainbow pattern on the helm looks like a mohawk Very Happy.

Also pokemon sculptures? Hells yes. I think that poliwhirl is my fave. Can I get a shot seeing how figs scale up to these. Also I demand you make me a charizard!! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 am

Rainbow is my second fave, Pinkie is always the greatest to me Razz The rainbow thing was really fun to do actually. I had finished those 4 hours before I left for EQLA, so I was REALLY pressed for time lol.

Here's a picture for SOME scale, I need to make a scene with the rest of the poke's with some figures for more scale. This one was done after I finished my first Goldeen, so some are not represented. Anyways. Lol I've got a Charmeleon on the way, will that work?
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JbizgswZ5VMDDf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 6:46 am

Some people talk to shadows, some people paint action figures to look like ponies, Everyone deals with insanity in their own little way. Smile

Some fun stuff there man. My daughter has a birthday next month, I am sure the pony armor would fit right in with the rest of her toys. any chance you can give us a bigger pic, it is only about 2 inches wide for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Yep some creative stuff for sure. Good work Fish.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Wow thats a lot of custom painted spartans! Very cool idea to give them out to your fellow bronies.

Those Magikarp look great. And I don't think you need to worry about anyone here telling you to grow up. I'm pretty sure we're all still playing with toys lol. Any plans for a Mew and or Mewtwo?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm

I can make you guys a set, Asphalt. Not too hard, besides, I'm making a special set for Valosweet anyways, another will be a breeze.

Hope this is better.Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JguuzCFDl13qO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm

blogness wrote: Any plans for a Mew and or Mewtwo?

a friend wants a mew and a Manaphy, so yeah, more than likely.

Another friend... Suggested Gyarados. Hehe. We'll see about that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 23, 2013 10:22 pm

those pony decos.....dammit Brave, you have compelled me to attempt a similar project Suspect . Yes charmeleon will do and a Gyrados would be beastly, it must be done!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 am

Fishy, you may want to stop taking suggestions of pokemon soon - there's over 200 of those lil' buggers Razz
Growlithe would probably be a pretty easy custom using the Wow Creature pack - nightwolf as a base. Similar things could be said using the snow leopard as a base for a ninetails Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 24, 2013 6:17 pm

With Pokemon X/Y there will be over 629 * That's the count since black and white 2*... Yeah, I'm a real Pokefan, but not all suggestions likely going to be taken aha.
I've got lots of plans for monsters I personally want to make, but since the people who suggested these were close friends, I'm obliged to do them Very Happy

I'm actually happy to do larger Pokemon/ Monster Hunter creatures, more area to sculpt, more room for error lol. These smaller ones are hard as heck to get 100% detailed.
E-shine, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Now turn spartans INTO pokemon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey guys! No Asphalt, I havent finished my spartan into pokemon project yet. Hahaha. I have started it though!

Anyways, ive been busy adjusting to work again so customs have been quite slow. I have however started a colossal undertaking. Hopefully it wil be worth the time and effort
I present Uragaan's head.

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JPQ5R5N0VEGvG
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 JhetlHMuhftN4

This puppy is gonna be huge. Way huge. Promise ya that. If and when I finish this,it will be almost 2 feet long. Here's a source pic and a description from the games Wikia site:
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 5 400px-Uragaan
Brute wyverns that feed on ore, using their mighty jaws to crush bedrock into powder. They cleverly affix rock and ore to themselves with lava, then spread them about, using vibrations to make them explode. Will sometimes drop ore.
Also, I've beeen working on a lot if other less ambitious projects but those will be popping up hither and thither as completed. Good to be back guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 pm

This is going to be epics, great great great brother.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:32 pm

FUCK ME. That is HUGE!!! I concur with DR. this is gonna be epic. DR i dare you to cast that beast Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Bloody hell, brave! And you told me not to bother with a regular Wyvern because it would be too big...

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 am

Emerald-shine wrote:FUCK ME. That is HUGE!!! I concur with DR. this is gonna be epic. DR i dare you to cast that beast Very Happy

Molding and casting it would be easy, its the money involved in making that mold that would kill it. Just the head would take up a shit load of rubber.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 pm

[quote="LOKACollector"]Bloody hell, brave!  And you told me not to bother with a regular Wyvern because it would be too big...[/quote
] nyahahaha! It WOULD be too big. This is too big lol.I just want to see if it can be done and done well enough to " play" with. I've accumulated several WoW mounts for ball joints as well as other toys for theirs and have been tooling them to make them work for this "Brute Wyvern"as they call them in game, but for the other kinds, I'm going to be making Lil Deathwing scaled ones, out of plasma dragons. Should be kinda fun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5