Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Gonna be a while before I offer any molding yet, finding it hard to get complete casts on a consistent basis. They are either missing big chunks of plastic particually in the ball joints, or either small holes left in the cast. If I mix the resin for the full 3 min pot life, will that help? Im normally mixing more than I need to fill one mold and end up leaving another casts worth of resin in the cup so in a bid not to waste it, Im stirring the resin for about a minute or so.

Also I tried cutting that claw weapon mold in between the fingers but the result was the same. Ive also noticed some rubber being torn off the mold when removing my parts. I know they weaken over time but some have happened in my 2nd or 3rd use. Anything I can do to help with this like a spray to make the casts easier to remove?

Back to top Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  DeadRock Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 pm

E what is the type of rubber your using? I use mold max 15t, it takes a about 25 runs before ripping up the mold. I think the biggest help to you, were you to have a mold of something done by one of us, and then you would see how we do it. I have a box planned for your way, I will do just that an include one of the molds.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:37 pm

I am using smooth on oomoo 30. Not too sure if its the best out there but of the 3 rubbers ive tried its the easiest to use. Equal parts of both mean its hard to get the mixture wrong. Having one of your molds in hand would be a huge help indeed. Ive seen pics of your set ups but they can only give me so much. If you could send one my way I would be in your debt.

Just seen the supplier I use stocks Mold max 15t.... JESUS!! £100 for a gallon unit and thats not including shipping. Of course In "rip-off Britain" im paying more than you guys, even if Mold max is better Im not sure I can stomach that price:no: 

Been quite busy with my casts, although not perfect they are still useable and giving me the freedom to make whole new parts without loosing the original. Ive allready turned my Troll torso into an undead one, 2 female worgen torsos and a human female torso. Of course this is just the start. As soon as my new load of rubber comes in I'll be even more!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Got some more to show, whips of course Very Happy

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture002Medium_zps86bbcf9c
Kamen Rider Wizard V2

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture003Medium_zpsd4c35249
Beast Hyper. Not sure how to go about his shoulder pads and may even omit his tassels.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture004Medium_zpsf0a5c849
Kyrou Red all finished and ready for paint.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture006Medium_zpsd4c3146d
Gokai Red or Super Megaforce Red as hes known in the US. Took a walkie talkie to make the morpher and the knife is to represent his key. If I can find a way to insert the key in the morpher I'll b over the moon.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture007Medium_zps8c5a03fb
Robo knight head, dont have a body for it yet so its using white rangers. Also made a removeable buckle for the body.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture008Medium_zps1c37bad3
A new jacket for white wolf. Works well for civilian attire.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture005Medium_zps309ccb79
My new fave! Ive been playing alot of Arkham city and that bat suit is probably my favourite. Arkham city has ruined the Nolan Suit for me. I plan to have a seperate splayed out cape so I can pretend he is gliding.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture001Medium_zps2c1ce811
Lady Worgen

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture010Medium_zps2e55c7d7
Drannei torso

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture011Medium_zpsc828751f
Bloks of Chima Croc body

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 pm

That Batman is killer!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 pm

sweet use of the new bod man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks guys, Batman has pretty much become my number 1 prioity. I love how its going so much I just have to get it finished. The gauntlets are proving a hassle. the fins/spikes keep breaking off. Think Ive found a good comprimise though. The splayed out cape is going to prove tricky though

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

not batman, but Ive been having some fun finishing some DR cast goodies.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture013_zps1c1acd33

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture014_zps1ee4c9ef

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture015_zpsd185faa4

Just noticed some paint chipping! Damit. It was fine when I sprayed the sealant on. Btw, the elastic band is glued in place. I was the only way it would stay on.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 Picture008_zps077ab345

Finally finished my voltron. This little beaut is all cast parts. My paint job could be better but im happy enough Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 pm

I got bored with my PR megaforce figs, its time for a change.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3905_zps1c11a339

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3906_zpse1d5efe3

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3910_zps189a27cf

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3912_zps01c254fd

Yep I love the COD bodies. So my expectaions of paint applying to the new body were realized. There is a fair amount of paint rub in the elbows and shoulders and its quite difficult to stop. This is after I sanded the joints down. Looks like i'll have to seperate the new joints completely next time. The knees were easy fix paint rub. Still, im really happy with this guy Very Happy

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3917_zpscecf8185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I just noticed the turtles! You sculpted this? Nice work!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks mate. While I do like how they came out, Im thinking of sculpting another over the COD body, ninjas need all the articulation they can get.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 pm

got some new customs finished!! Shocked 

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3957_zpscc42570b

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3959_zps44822d2c

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3962_zps10536c98

White Ranger loving how he came out. Painted over the white COD body with my own white paint to remove the arctic speckled effect. I really love the gold on here. Has a great shine to it in the right light. Gave him a gold morpher that can be removed and swaped out with others that I plan on making.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3963_zps1131cce4
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3966_zpsff854487
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3969_zpsb1244144
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3995_zpsc4f94020
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3996_zps5fb2be8b
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4004_zps14e66844

Megaforce Red may be my new favorite. Helmet was sculpted from scratch and came out pretty well. Its also more proportinal to the body. My Gokai Red head was made for the WOW bodies before COD was even a thing. The paint chipping is still an issue though, but I can deal with that.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3997_zps0785bf18
WIP kamen Rider Beast Hyper. just need to finish the head and make a new driver.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3999_zps9ceee492
Could make a sweet battlizer.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3990_zpsd2cbc5fa
WIP Titanium Ranger.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3989_zpscb11165f
WIP SPD red.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3988_zps61f1d75b
WIP samurai red.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3977_zps0450c0de
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3978_zpsbc1e437c
Female worgen. The closest I will ever get.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3971_zps761a301a
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_3974_zpsba85549c
Oh yea... Still a WIP of course  Smile

Hmm. sites messing my pics up Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:30 pm

So that 3d printing i was looking into, well i finally have something to show for it.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4265_zps52ab33d4

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4266_zps5e39e699

Made a dragon dagger and blade blaster for my mega bloks. The measurements were off so the handles on the models were too small but I was able to work with it. Need to refine the models.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4271_zpsc9cb282d

Looking thru some concept art for dragon age origins, I came across the awseome Grey Warden armour that never made it into the game. Lots of tiny details and I had to improvise on the lower legs. Also that head scuplt was a perfect fit.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4272_zps003c1aa0
Some custom armour

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4274_zpsffce925a
Figgured out how to give the WOW figs COD elbows and still keep their forearms.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4276_zps8c89733f
Just needed a smaller drill.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4281_zpsa6a7028a
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4282_zpsdf4dc4ed

The new halo bodies work really well for making female creatures.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:27 pm

great stuff, i like the articulated WOW fig, too bad they didn't do that in the factory, one series too late.

I though the same thing about the halo bodies for females, nice job!

cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 pm

First off, Thanks to Rohm for inspiring me to get off my rear and finish this guy, Ive been out of the loop for way to long!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4312_zps7882548f
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4315_zpsb824d787
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4317_zpsf9a015bd
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4319_zps15f4771f
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4323_zpsf4701212
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 8 IMG_4324_zps9a49498b

My grey warden from Dragon Age origins. This particular design was based on the Sacred Ashes trailer where all the characters looked quite different to their final game counterparts. Couldnt find a full body shot of the armour so I kinda improvised a bit. The upper body is all new but for the lower body I used some halo parts. Thanks to DR for the awesome head, yeah its got some holes in it but the face is perfect for the Warden, i'll just pretend the holes are battle scars from fighting the Darkspawn. Since the wardens are famous battle hardened warriors, I painted on some blood splatters. I think it looks a little more interesting with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:38 am

Nice! I love Dragon Age. Great work, I love the sculpting of the armor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 am

damn how did I miss that Warden. Beautiful figure my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8