Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint with your poly?

Go down

Paint with your poly? Empty Paint with your poly?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 am

I've been using a poly clay called Makin's for quite some time, as I couldn't afford to get any more of the green stuff my first customs were made with. On the box, it says you can mix acrylic paints readily with the clay. It's actually become quite a boon to my pony customs ( of which I will share, if asked nicely Razz ) but I was wondering if any of y'alls prefered mediums were likewise compatible?

Back to top Go down

Paint with your poly? Empty Re: Paint with your poly?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:52 am

air dry sculpy. hmmm interesting. No, I have never heard of adding paint to any sculpting compound.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Wait, Im confused here. Are we talking about adding paint to clay after[b] its cured?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Asphalt, You've had some of my customs in hand. It's not the greatest material to work with but it's cheap. I've noticed it adheres much better to prepainted surfaces, so my customs are getting better.

E-shine! On the box of this stuff I use, it says that this clay can be mixed with Acrylic paints. So yeah it'd be before sculpting lol. You knead the paint into the poly, and then you use it as normal. It's great for the pony customs cause there's way less chance for mistakes ( my hands are shakey, so I have major problems painting. )

In short, thus far, seems that this stuff's the only kind you can mix with paints, huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Thats...pretty neat. Isnt that like dying the clay, In theory would that stop paint chipping off?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down