Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style])

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Empty Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style])

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm really into Mega Bloks World of Warcraft and I got into some toy customization, here's what I've made:

Images are in thumbnails, click to enlarge
(2014.10.23)
Warcraft Undead
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Undead_Presentation_Pic_001_zps045d822e

This has been planned since the start of the year but I've been too lazy to follow through (and had other stuff keeping me busy) but since it's Halloween soon I decided to make a Halloween-inspired custom and I decided to complete this project and I'm proud to say that I completed it ahead of schedule.

I'm planning to make all four classes that were not made into Mega Bloks figures (Dwarves, Troll, [s]Undead[/s] and Draenai).

(2014.02.22)
KOF's Ralf Jones
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_RalfJones_zpsd01d87ab

First time to do an extensive sculpting. Ralf Jones is my "guy" in King of Fighters, when it's time to get serious I whip out ol' Ralfie here to lay the beat down on the opponent, I've always wanted an action figure of this guy, they haven't released one in 15+ years... so I just made one myself. GALACTICA PHANTOM!

(2014.01.20)
"Deuce" Springsting

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_DeuceSpringsting_zps1cc2ae65

My first foray into gradients and washes. Tried on both the fur of the armor and the skull in the bow. Added a goatee to the character to make him look "douchey". He is a camping hunter. Razz

(2014.01.09)
Kamen Rider Kuuga

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_MB_KRKuugaMain_zpsf5dcd86d

Not a Warcraft-inspired character, but still dear to my heart. Made from Marvel Havok and a Kuuga Keychain (full body). Had to carve out the belt from the PVC body, it was not easy.

(2013.12.31)
Tauren Death Knight

Body from Tauren Scarbuck, shoulders from Graven Worgen Deathknight, chest armor from Drogath Orc Warlock. This is my first try for dry brushing and I can't believe its that easy and the output is so awesome. The eyes were painted blue with a little wash to simulate glowing and the face was painted flesh color to have him appear paler.
Added more icy blue to the body to match the eyes and give liven up the armor.

Weapon is a staff cut in half and I sculpted a new butt for it. Painted the sharp parts silver.

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_TaurenDK_zpsbebcc8a6

(2013.12.17)
Pandaren Mage

I was messing around my "loose" toy parts box when I came upon the piece that became the "hood". It fits the Pandaren head perfectly, so I planned a good custom that could make use of this piece. I then searched by box of WoW MB extras and found out that the chest piece of Dragath works well with the "hood".

Head, crotch, legs and arms from "Genji" figure, chest, armor, staff and pauldron from "Dragath" figure. The hood is originally blue but of a bit darker shade, so I painted both the hood and the armor pieces blue to match with brass highlights and some grays in the middle. Decided to use the original Pandaren's legs instead of the robes of "Dragath" since the figure doesn't look like a pandaren anymore. I added a rubber "sash" on his mid-section to make the side of his belly bigger ("Dragath" has a V-shape body).

Here's something fun... can you guess from what character I got the "hood" piece from?

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_PandarenMage_zps439bc58c

====
(2013.12.11)
Tauren Paladin Armor

I've always wanted to have a Tauren Paladin toy for MB Wow, but Lighthoof doesn't cut it for me, so I decided to use one of my Barren Chase Orcs (Drogath) to custom a new armor for an extra Tauren Guy (Scarbuck). Painted the chest and pauldrons along with the sword, the theme is Mithral Silver with yellow 'gems' as design, painted the forearms bracers dark gray to pop-up the bracers, painted the shorts gray to match with the legs, legs are from a Halo figure. changed the hands to match the tauren's brown color.

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_TaurenPaladin_zps31f363b9

I tried to do something about the tauren's eyes to make him look different but I don't think it worked, I'll be working on it more:
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_TaurenOtherHead_zps9677e880

====
(2013.11.21)
Some simple Pop-and-Swaps and head customs.
Posted them en-masse since I have been sitting on these customs for a long time, when I completed the Human Female Warrior, I decided to post the others as well.

Halo - Female Spartan - Unmasked
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_FemaleSpartanUnmasked_zps76a64669

Head from Star Wars Battlepods Padme Amidala. The head is rubbery and cutting and drilling it is very simple.

WoW - Female Human Warrior
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_HumanFemaleWarrior_zps78916688

Head from MB Barbie, drilled to fit the MB bodies, body is from PotC Elizabeth Swann, arms are from a Halo Elite Pilot, legs and boots from a Halo Spartan. The legs used was not intentionally for this custom, I painted it gray months ago to check if the gray is right is right for another custom, the color just worked so well with the armor.

WoW - Jinn Simmans
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_JinSimmans_zps66a8b0ed

JIN SIMMANS: Pandarian Death Knight. Okay, sure there should not be a Pandarian Death Knight, but Jin is so badass he went to the Lich King and demanded to be a Death Knight so he can "Rock out with his Socks out!"

Chen's facial hair and ponytail really reminds me of KISS' Gene Simmons, the DK's armor just completes it.

WoW - Narvelo & Cultist
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Narvelo_and_Cultist_zpsa464f00b

Narvelo - The Blood Elf Rogue. Story-wise: Twin brother of the Blood Elf Priest Valoren (anagram). Custom-wise: Body swap with MB Marvel s3 Havok, sanded the body down to make it slightly thinner, cape from MB Marvel s3 Magneto Cape, knives from MB Power Rangers Mega Force 'goons', head from MB WoW Valoren.

This custom was an accident since the body I sanded was for a female custom I was working on (in ended up being the Human Mage) and then I popped in the Blood Elf head and it looked right.

Cultist - Human Warlock from the Demolisher set for the body and the head from Star Wars Battlepods Emperor Palpatine. The hood could work for a Medivh custom, but I'm too lazy to do the body work.

====
(2013.05.22)
Ogre Death Knight
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_OgreDeathKnight_Collage_zps56c6651b

At the time of the custom, the hero i'm fond of using in WoWTCG (World of Warcraft Trading Card Game) is an Ogre Death Knight, I decided to create a custom Mega Blok micro action figure to represent my character.

Made from Ragerock's (Orc) head, a Pandaren's torso, hips and thighs, arms and calves from Tanaver (Night Elf). Painted the body light green to mimic the Ogre Death Knight card, removed the orc's mohawk and painted the eyes blue. I wanted to give the eyes a sort of glow to show the icy powers of a Death Knight. The weapon is from another Mega Bloks toy.

Interestingly I found out that Ogres don't have green skin, but I think the skin-color is due to it being a Death Knight (some DKs have lighter skin-tones to show that they are already dead). I may update this custom in the near future with a better head, but for now I am happy with how it turned out.

====
(2012.12.24)
Justice 2.0

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Justice2_01 Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Justice2_02Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Justice2_03Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Justice2_04

====
(2012.12.18)
Wow Orc Shaman

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_OrcShaman_NoArmor Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_OrcShaman_HelmAndLightningRohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_OrcShaman_Full

I have procrastinated with this custom for more than a month now. I completed the paint for this figure just a few days after I posted the Human Female but I really wasn't sure how to complete the custom since just painting the armor brown didn't really make him a Shaman enough. I can't find a Wolverine MB. The claw would just improve the Shaman look a great deal. I knew a headdress or a wolf-design hood would make the figure look a lot like a shaman. I tried working with fabrics to make the figure a wolf-pelt or some kind of skin poncho but it didn't work and ended up giving the figure a light-brown coating of dust particles. It wasn't until one late night when I decide to play around with the shoulder armor of an extra Drogath and then I saw what would be a great headdress.

I tried at first doing the shoulder-helm only but adding the original armor of the figure completed the look.
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_HoodOn

This led me to this:
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_OrcSoldierHelm
Looks like getting those extra Barrens Chase set would come in some use after all... Very Happy

=====
(2012.11.06)
WoW Human Female

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Backside Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_CustomFem1Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_WithNewStaff
Built from a Pink Air Assault Halo micro-figure with forearms and legs from Valoren and the head from a One Piece Boa Hancock candy toy. Had to cut it off from the body and drill a hole for the ball-jointed neck. I chose the body since the proportion of the shoulders to the hips are as feminine as possible for Mega Bloks figures and the backpack painted correctly does look like a pulled down hood.

Height comparison with other micro-figures
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Comparison

Originally designed to look like a Mage, but I think with the blue flames she might have ended up like a Warlock ^^;

====

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited by Rohml on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am; edited 14 times in total

Back to top Go down

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Empty Re: Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style])

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

-- reserving space --

Back to top Go down

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Empty Re: Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style])

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome to the board. Thanks for bringing these awesome customs over here. I remember seeing these on TBF and being very impressed with them, but I dont recall seeing that awesome chubby Orc!! Love him. Its a shame mega havent made the gear thats on the artwork. That would awesome on this guy.

Gotta give mad props to the shoulder hoods, Gennieuss. Very Happy

Also dat judgment helm? Is it your own?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 am

Thanks Emerald-shine.
The Judgment Helm was a lucky pull from my first Lich King set.
Hoping Mega would make more variant armor pieces even if just the shoulders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Rohml wrote:Thanks Emerald-shine.
The Judgment Helm was a lucky pull from my first Lich King set.
Hoping Mega would make more variant armor pieces even if just the shoulders.

i thought that judgement was a custom piece! u lucky dog lol Im still looking for that one and a scourgelord. Awesome work and welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Nice work my man, loving the Ogre.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun May 26, 2013 1:06 pm

i agree with the lil guy, nice work on him, I am hoping to see many more fantasy based customs.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 am

Hey guys, long time no update.
So I'm posting a lot of different customs (more of Pop & Swaps) to make up for the absence:

Halo - Female Spartan - Unmasked
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_FemaleSpartanUnmasked_zps76a64669

Head from Star Wars Battlepods Padme Amidala. The head is rubbery and cutting and drilling it is very simple.

WoW - Female Human Warrior
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_HumanFemaleWarrior_zps78916688

Head from MB Barbie, drilled to fit the MB bodies, body is from PotC Elizabeth Swann, arms are from a Halo Elite Pilot, legs and boots from a Halo Spartan. The legs used was not intentionally for this custom, I painted it gray months ago to check if the gray is right is right for another custom, the color just worked so well with the armor.

WoW - Jinn Simmans
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_JinSimmans_zps66a8b0ed

JIN SIMMANS: Pandarian Death Knight. Okay, sure there should not be a Pandarian Death Knight, but Jin is so badass he went to the Lich King and demanded to be a Death Knight so he can "Rock out with his Socks out!"

Chen's facial hair and ponytail really reminds me of KISS' Gene Simmons, the DK's armor just completes it.

WoW - Narvelo & Cultist
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_Narvelo_and_Cultist_zpsa464f00b

Narvelo - The Blood Elf Rogue. Story-wise: Twin brother of the Blood Elf Priest Valoren (anagram). Custom-wise: Body swap with MB Marvel s3 Havok, sanded the body down to make it slightly thinner, cape from MB Marvel s3 Magneto Cape, knives from MB Power Rangers Mega Force 'goons', head from MB WoW Valoren.

This custom was an accident since the body I sanded was for a female custom I was working on (in ended up being the Human Mage) and then I popped in the Blood Elf head and it looked right.

Cultist - Human Warlock from the Demolisher set for the body and the head from Star Wars Battlepods Emperor Palpatine. The hood could work for a Medivh custom, but I'm too lazy to do the body work.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:41 am

Jin Simmons and the sparkly thief made me smile. These are fun. Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Love how you used the barbie head for the female warrior!
My only advice/critique would be to trip her neck down a bit to fit the concavity of the standard MB heads for that line (they usually slope into the jawline a little to accommodate shoulders.

Love the graphics you assimilated for showing them off too! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks Asphalt and Symon-006!

I'll try that on the next Barbie head I will be drilling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Added Tauren Paladin - Armor.

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_TaurenPaladin_zps31f363b9

I've always wanted to have a Tauren Paladin toy for MB Wow, but Lighthoof doesn't cut it for me, so I decided to use one of my Barren Chase Orcs (Drogath) to custom a new armor for an extra Tauren Guy (Scarbuck). Painted the chest and pauldrons along with the sword, the theme is Mithral Silver with yellow 'gems' as design, painted the forearms bracers dark gray to pop-up the bracers, painted the shorts gray to match with the legs, legs are from a Halo figure. changed the hands to match the tauren's brown color.

I tried to do something about the tauren's eyes to make him look different but I don't think it worked, I'll be working on it more:
Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_TaurenOtherHead_zps9677e880

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:31 am

Dam that Tauren is awesome. I love the way you used halo legs for leg armour. Very pretty paint job and colour scheme. Also that Jan Simmons Is effing awesome!!!! By FAR my fave Rohm custom Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks emerald-shine. I really like how Citadel's Mithral Silver looks like on small action figures. I made an update to that custom that I changed the hips to a gray one so the hip's ball joints don't break the gray of the legs.

I was working on that project the same time I was doing this...

NEW CUSTOM!

Pandaren Mage
I was messing around my "loose" toy parts box when I came upon the piece that became the "hood". It fits the Pandaren head perfectly, so I planned a good custom that could make use of this piece. I then searched by box of WoW MB extras and found out that the chest piece of Dragath works well with the "hood".

Head, crotch, legs and arms from "Genji" figure, chest, armor, staff and pauldron from "Dragath" figure. The hood is originally blue but of a bit darker shade, so I painted both the hood and the armor pieces blue to match with brass highlights and some grays in the middle. Decided to use the original Pandaren's legs instead of the robes of "Dragath" since the figure doesn't look like a pandaren anymore. I added a rubber "sash" on his mid-section to make the side of his belly bigger ("Dragath" has a V-shape body).

Here's something fun... can you guess from what character I got the "hood" piece from?

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_PandarenMage_zps439bc58c

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:14 pm

the hood works great my man. No idea on the origin though. care to share?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

I got it from SOTA Chun-Li's shoulders. It was an interesting find that it fits for the Pandarens heads. Re-purposing is bawss! Razz

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) Th_WhereIGotTheHood_zpsf5f94069

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:13 am

That is a great find. I dont have one of those so I wont be using that nifty little hood, but that was a good eye you had there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:25 am

Tauren Deathknight.

This is my first time to do dry brushing and the effort to do one compared to the output is so worth it, it boggles the mind!

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) TaurenDK_zpsbebcc8a6

Last custom for 2013!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 pm

Wait until you discover ink washes to go along with the dry brushing. He looks good man. Nice shiny metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 pm

That Tauren DK is smexy indeed. That paint job is beautiful. Drybrushing can be really tedious i find. but the result is so worth it. Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks Asphalt and Emerald-shine. I've been reading up and looking into different miniature painting techniques and I've got a long way to go (but I enjoy every step).

Now on to my first custom of 2014...

Non-World of Warcraft but still dear to my heart...

Rohm's Customs (Halloween 2014 - Warcraft Undead [lowbie-style]) MB_KRKuugaMain_zpsf5dcd86d

MEGA BLOKS Kamen Rider Kuuga.
Body = MB Marvel Havok
Head and Belt = Keychain Kamen Rider Kuuga.

I had to carve out the abdomen to get the belt intact. It was not easy to do, but I think it paid off, what do you think guys?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Looks good. Use a little sculpt to fill that gap and you will be at 110%.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 am

Asphalt wrote:Looks good.  Use a little sculpt to fill that gap and you will be at 110%.

If you're referring to the hips, that is one of the parts I was disappointed with this figure. I should have cut the plastic to give a little extra to create full shorts along with the belt, but when I realized I can do this I have already cut the belt out of the abdomen. ^_^;

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 am

Nice work, I love him.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:59 pm

DAYM son! Another toku fan on this board? What is the world coming to? You did a sweet job on this guy. Paint work clean an crisp, just the way I like it. Also great job parts sourcing for this scale are there anymore suitable keychains out there. They would have come in handy with my Beast and Wizard.

I say this everytime you update this but i mean it this time: Thats my favourite Rohm custom yet Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next