Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Empty Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!)

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey all! So, I guess this'll be the place to check out any and all of my customs. I'll post new stuff here too, as I build/paint/mod it. Again, warning, there will be lots of pics. I'll keep it to one each of my old stuff, but cannot make that promise when I post a completed project - you know, angles and poses and all that. Very Happy Anyhow, I'll post my repainted Halo Spec Ops team first, then my customs, then MOCs. Enjoy, and all comments/criticisms welcome!

So this is my Spec Ops team. I loved the black Recon so much that I had to have more black armour permutations. I have four new additions to the team, but haven't had a chance to take any good photos yet. Soon. Anyhow, here they are, as well as the Recon and his ride.

EOD Spartan
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) EODSpartan

Spartan II
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050225

EVA
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050210

HAZOP
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050219

Aerial Assault
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050217

Grenadier
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050205

Pilot
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050215

Hayabusa
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050222

And not to be outdone by his new teammates, the Recon shows off his new ride. (the bike is from Kre-o Ultimate Optimus Prime)
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) F6fb7cbf

CQB Spartan
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050220

Laser Spartan
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050197

Marine
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050212

Marine (monacle)
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050202

Marine (visor)
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050200

Hellbringer
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050207

ODST Pilot
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050194

ODST
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) P2050209

Last edited by Quantum on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Empty Re: Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!)

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Next are my customs (there are only 2 so far).

To start is my first custom, and first attempt at using Green Stuff. Blackheart, for the Marvel Challenge at TBF.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Blackheart6

Next is my second custom, Leonardo, made for the Custom Fighter Challenge, also on TBF.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) 53427a06

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Next are my MOC vehicles, Halo style. The first I named the UNSC Badger. Armoured troop transport, frontline support, resupply and evac. Gotta give more than one pic here, there's lots going on.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Badger2

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Badger4

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Badger20-1

Next is my attack chopper, originally named the UNSC Kestrel, but due to a good suggestion, has been renamed the UNSC Wasp.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) 3264a990

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm

So much awesome stuff here i dont where to start.
You spec ops team look goregous.
Black heart and Leo really hit the sweet spot for me. Fantastic paintage and sculpting.
That wasp!!! affraid

Does leo have a bicep swivel?

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Lastly, my MOC Ninja Turtles' Lair. Also more than one pic needed here, but I'll keep it short.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) E499502E-0DCC-4288-A233-B010F90B8C49-1574-0000022891E24C00

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) 8D9FEEFA-B649-443D-8C33-9AE054D206D7-1574-00000228698FCD7C

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) F703741B-EDA0-48EE-8EF2-B016C6613992-1574-000002288863C0BB

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) 2FCC2E9B-BB83-43E1-8E5F-1C8283EFFE02-1574-0000022883E9F554

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) 367D00C4-9C35-447E-9725-0D6EAE2488FD-1574-000002287FB09E87

Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) C32A0A9E-56C1-449A-BDF5-25A8386BD4D5-1574-000002286DECF302

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

emerald-shine wrote:So much awesome stuff here i dont where to start.
You spec ops team look goregous.
Black heart and Leo really hit the sweet spot for me. Fantastic paintage and sculpting.
That wasp!!! affraid

Does leo have a bicep swivel?

Thanks dude! And yeah, Leo has bicep and thigh swivels, as well as a ball jointed waist.

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm

DAMM!! I was content with buying the new LEGO TMNT lair set for my custom turtles but after seeing that I think the money would be better spent trying to recreate yours!!!!
Outstanding MOC bro!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

emerald-shine wrote:DAMM!! I was content with buying the new LEGO TMNT lair set for my custom turtles but after seeing that I think the money would be better spent trying to recreate yours!!!!
Outstanding MOC bro!!

Thanks! It was a loooong time spent gathering the right pieces here and there, then a fortuitous Kijiji score made it possible. I'm proud to say it is a 100% Mega Bloks build.

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Awesome stuff Quantum! Love that turtle and the lair, just really impressive work on the build and the custom! Looking forward to seeing more!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Have you been holding out on us, or was I just away from the TBF that long?

Love the Wasp!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 am

Quantum wrote:
emerald-shine wrote:DAMM!! I was content with buying the new LEGO TMNT lair set for my custom turtles but after seeing that I think the money would be better spent trying to recreate yours!!!!
Outstanding MOC bro!!

Thanks! It was a loooong time spent gathering the right pieces here and there, then a fortuitous Kijiji score made it possible. I'm proud to say it is a 100% Mega Bloks build.

I knew i recongised parts of that build. You have the 2003 sewer lair set in there right? Dam I wish I could find that set somewhere. I NEED that telly!
Whats the best way to go about planning a custom build? I want to build a MOC battle shell to hold all 4 of my custom turtle figs, a small computer station and a shell cycle in the back just like the show. But the early model I have looks pretty lame!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 am

Fantastic stuff!!!

Would you please share your techniques for the bicep and thigh swivels and parts on your turtle....my mouth salivates every time I see it....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Phoenixrising wrote:Fantastic stuff!!!

Would you please share your techniques for the bicep and thigh swivels and parts on your turtle....my mouth salivates every time I see it....

I second this. I actually forgot to ask about that, very much intrested in how you acheived the swiveling limbs on your Leo!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 pm

LOKA: Nope, not holding out. All those pics were taken from my threads on TBF. The builds are pretty old, so you may have just missed them.

Emerald-shine and Phoenixrising: For the swivels, I basically cut the biceps and thighs in half, drilled holes in each half, then cut a pin to re-attach them. I glued one side in, left the other free to swivel. I learned lots doing it, and have ideas on better materials to use for next time. I found some pins with ridges, which will prevent the non-glued side from sliding off the pin. Be wary, there really isn't much room to work. The pins in the arms are only a few mm long. Leo's arms are prone to falling off when moving them.
As for parts, Leo's made from an old style Mega Bloks Leonardo, parts grafted on to a black Spider-man base.

And Emerald, as for planning a MOC, I couldn't begin to give advice. My builds are all pretty intuitive. Basically I start with an idea and let it age. I think about my customs and MOCs for weeks if not months before I start them. Let's me make lots of mistakes in my head instead of on the fig. I also couldn't find a reasonably priced Combat Lair set, so I was trying to parts-source what I would need. Used the sewer-pipes and grating from the Spider-man/Lizard Face-off sets, scored the half-pipe from the professor, then scored the haul of all hauls: 2 complete combat lairs (minus one set of figs), a complete radical ramp set, 3 dragons sets and a PB USS Nimitz for $40 on Kijiji. Then I just grabbed all the bits I had been hoarding, sat down and built. Rebuilt about 3 times.

As for what you are planning, I've actually never seen the 2003 Turtles, so I can advise on how to build what you want. Link to pics or an episode? Or at least an episode number so I can check it out on YouTube?

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, I figured that bicep swivel mod could do more damage than good if your not careful, but if you are the results are worth it. Will we be seeing the rest of the turtles anytime soon? bounce bounce bounce

This is the battle shell i was talking about.
http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Shell
It debuted in episode 4 season 1 of the 2003 series. It was that series version of the party wagon and is my favorite incarnation.

what I have so far. jusst to see if I could get the size right and have an idea of how many bricks i will need. A lot!
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Picture314Small

I have the battle shell bridge set. I love it but i never noticed just how off model MB model is.
Quantum's Customs (UPDATED!) Picture316Small

I think i may have to take some liberties with the design to include a few features I want. Sliding doors, opening engine and maybe swivel chairs, but that ones easy.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 am

I love them all, but that GOD damn turtle is the shizzle, man hot stuff right there. Its funny I was going to post a thread if its worth us modding some arms and legs with extra artic and making molds and casts.

Looks like there may be some interest.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

Nice stuff, love seeing that turtle van no matter how many places it shows up. So much goodness packed into that thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 am

So, I have 5 new members of my Spec Ops team to show off, but have not had a chance to take pics yet. Will get pics in the next couple of days.

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

DUDE......I MEAN DUDE!!!! Those are all awesome! I love the HALO figures, but I am CRAZY about that transport and chopper!!

I'm not into TMNT, but the articulation is awesome!

Did I mention that those are AWESOME!?! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks DC!! Very much appreciated! I'm feeling the need to do another MOC vehicle, not sure what though.

Aaand I just realized I need to post pics of my UNSC speeder, the Night Fox. Will take pics of it with my new Spec Ops team members.

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

That Turtle Lair has me so jealous. I'm currently working on sniping some sets on eBay so I can do something like this myself. Man that thing is ill! Can't wait to see it all decked out with Turtles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:03 pm

So I was meaning to ask, where does your turtle lair reside when it isn't the center of all conversation in your home?

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

blogness: thanks dude! I'm pretty excited for the population to grow myself. And I'll keep my eyes open for you for sets. There was an auction for a Lair and Radical Ramp the other day, but starting bid was about $75. Not bad, but better can be found.

Asphalt: right now, the Lair resides on a coffee table in the basement. It was built with the dimensions of a terrarium I have in mind for display, but I haven't made the move yet. I'm a little worried about how I'm going to get in in there without it crumbling in my hands. I have a plan though, and will post pics as soon as it is in there.

Quantum
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Man I'm lovin those turtles.. and their turle's lair. keep postin! You're on my watch list!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Quantum wrote:blogness: thanks dude! I'm pretty excited for the population to grow myself. And I'll keep my eyes open for you for sets. There was an auction for a Lair and Radical Ramp the other day, but starting bid was about $75. Not bad, but better can be found.

Thanks! I saw that one on there too. He just re-listed it with a starting bid of $55, BIN $125, shipping is $27.80! Much more than I'm looking to spend, but there are a few others on there I'm waiting to snipe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next