Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads

Go down

More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Empty More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Had a little time this morning to rummage through the parts/junk bins and came up with these two.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04975_zpse887aa92
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04976_zps80bc0f3a
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04972_zps646a4077
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04974_zpsaa6d58dd

Last edited by Gramps on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Empty Re: More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:31 pm

That is one sweet pirate.

Back to top Go down

More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Empty Re: More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Man, I'm jealous o your junk bins! You always come up with this fun stuff, lol. I try, I do, to come up with pop and swaps, I just don't have the eye for it like y'all

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm

The Lich King armor reminds me a bit of the different Sci-Fi armor(think Chronicles of Riddick, the Necromongers), so I thought I'd swap some heads and go with some sci-fi weaponry.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04977_zps82e50659
A pic of my customed Orcs(So far)
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04978_zps57ff9284
My attempt at making the Lizard look a little better-
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04979_zpsf476f0b5
The "little mech that could" that everyone likes. I put a set of 2 hands on the one, to make it a warehouse or maintenance mech. I really like this little guy.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04981_zps3a78c518
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04982_zps98674349
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04984_zps7fe5d212
Lastly, I was looking through some Blockmen stuff, when it struck me that this guy really reminded me of an old Spidey villain, Raymond Bloch, The Ox.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04987_zps55ba94cd
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04985_zps15bbca77

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Gramps I love this thread, and love these pop and swaps. where did that coat for the pirate come from, love it.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:06 pm

DeadRock wrote:Gramps I love this thread, and love these pop and swaps. where did that coat for the pirate come from, love it.
Thanks! That came from a POTC 4" scale Elizabeth Swann. I only had to trim a little from the bottom of it to make it work.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:09 pm

That Necromonger group is A-ok by me! Awesome! You've got a LOT of spare parts Gramps!

Your orcs are awesome, Love the additions you made to em, and Lizard looks good with those ... forget what they're called lol. Googling Block men now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

those mechs are fantastic aren't they? I have two at the moment. Pics of the second one should go up tomorrow. I found some power cores that will work nicely on him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Bravefish90 wrote:That Necromonger group is A-ok by me! Awesome! You've got a LOT of spare parts Gramps!

Your orcs are awesome, Love the additions you made to em, and Lizard looks good with those ... forget what they're called lol. Googling Block men now Very Happy
Thanks! Blockmen were a short lived Mega/Lego compatible building toy line. They had some cool pieces, but not much building was really required. The figures were pretty neat, not as much articulation as Mega's microfigs though. Some of the weapons were nice, too. My favorite is their space themed line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Asphalt wrote:those mechs are fantastic aren't they? I have two at the moment. Pics of the second one should go up tomorrow. I found some power cores that will work nicely on him.
Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of that set. Can't wait to see your mod/custom! I expect to see a lot of different ones using this basic set, number one because it's inexpensive, number two because it seems to lend itself easily to add-ons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

definitely reeks of warhammer, cool guys, I love that skull armor cherry affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am

Love what you did with the orcs, they looked like they're straight from a movie redesign Very Happy

and that blockmen ox, do they also have holes in their feet that fits the studs?

Nice pop and swap sir!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 am

JonRyan wrote:Love what you did with the orcs, they looked like they're straight from a movie redesign Very Happy

and that blockmen ox, do they also have holes in their feet that fits the studs?

Nice pop and swap sir!
They sure do! And thanks!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Added some parts here and there to one of the little mechs.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04988_zpse7f7c51b
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC0498bw9_zpsefd55dfb
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04990_zps9c1f4c8f
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04991bw_zps9466ec33

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

nice work gramps... love the idea of the support on the front...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Nice parts additions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Dependent on how you like heads to scale out in proportion to the body, plus how much bulk you may add to a custom, I think these could be useful. A little hit and miss possibly, but still worth a look.
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04992_zps8f810a5d
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04994_zps25775d30
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04995_zpsb4e08126
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC04996_zps73d85dd3
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC05000_zpsb8cf54a1

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Good to see somebody tried this, I was thinking to do the same thing. Well at least give it a try on one or two of them. Great idea Gramps.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

DeadRock wrote:Good to see somebody tried this, I was thinking to do the same thing. Well at least give it a try on one or two of them. Great idea Gramps.
Thanks! They don't look too bad, depending on what body is used. I think the bulkier WOW figures probably work best, but Halo would work well, also, I think, with the addition of some pieces to "bulk" the figure out. A lot of 1/6 nude figures look like the proverbial orange on a toothpick, but by the time you add a uniform, web gear, harnesses, etc, everything ends up looking in perfect scale.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm

I agree.. any chance a front view of that lowlite head on that body?
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm

DeadRock wrote:I agree.. any chance a front view of that lowlite head on that body?
Sure, here you go! Also, here are some pics of Snake Eyes head on a Colton body, sans armor. I think it actually looks pretty good on this body style. Maybe I'll put it on one of those fat panda bodies and make a couch potato Snake Eyes.Very Happy
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC05001_zps5320b002
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC05002_zps0b9cc5da
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC05004_zps58e10cd8
More Sunday putterings from Gramps-Updated 04 Mar-New Heads Th_DSC05005_zps02a81f70

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm

The Se works really good on that body. Thanks for the extra pics my man.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

wow.. never thought they fits well with the mb body, a bit larger than the usual but glad they did. Thanks Gramps for these

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I've picked these packs up several times to see if they were the K-reo, same thoughts went through my head. I'll have to grab some, they don't look bad at all!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down