Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm

He definitely rocks. The fur came out sick! I am not familiar with the character but me and my girl agree, he looks badass. I like the effect you got with the white paint. I agree with PR. if it was all smooth white i think it would have thrown off the whole feel of the figure.

Back to top Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:25 am

Wow, He looks great brother! White Wolf for the win!

The effects on the fur are outstanding!
Love all the details you put into him, he's definitely your figure, E.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 am

Phoenixrising wrote:I love White Wolf, Emerald! Head doesn't look lopsided in the pics!

In this case, the white goes very well with the fur apps. If you are wishing the white was smoother, I think it might look too "clean" considering in contrast with the fur.

Is that a lamp post/pipe he's wielding?

Awesome, creative custom!

Well its white paint in general I have problems with, when I want a smooth coat its an absoulte ass to get right. Just doesnt apply as well as all my other paint and usually comes out streaky. Although in this case It turned out quite well and meshes together with the fig.

Lop sided was maybe the wrong word for the head, Uneven is maybe a better one. Theres too much clay on the right of the head and when veiwed from the front makes the head look off center. Any other angle and you notice it.

The pipe hes using is the damaged pipe that came in the Amazing spider-man Oscorp tower battle set. Seemed approiate since hes the "brute force, hit it with a stick till it squeals" kinda guy.

DeadRock wrote:Oh man for sure, he rocks. I so want one.

I could send you him for moulding if you want, but Id want him back. Very Happy

Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Emerald-shine wrote:
Phoenixrising wrote:I love White Wolf, Emerald! Head doesn't look lopsided in the pics!

In this case, the white goes very well with the fur apps. If you are wishing the white was smoother, I think it might look too "clean" considering in contrast with the fur.

Is that a lamp post/pipe he's wielding?

Awesome, creative custom!

Well its white paint in general I have problems with, when I want a smooth coat its an absoulte ass to get right. Just doesnt apply as well as all my other paint and usually comes out streaky. Although in this case It turned out quite well and meshes together with the fig.

Lop sided was maybe the wrong word for the head, Uneven is maybe a better one. Theres too much clay on the right of the head and when veiwed from the front makes the head look off center. Any other angle and you notice it.

The pipe hes using is the damaged pipe that came in the Amazing spider-man Oscorp tower battle set. Seemed approiate since hes the "brute force, hit it with a stick till it squeals" kinda guy.

DeadRock wrote:Oh man for sure, he rocks. I so want one.

I could send you him for moulding if you want, but Id want him back. Very Happy

Thanks guys.

Oh NO's..if he comes he stays......Just kidding brother, of course he would come back.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

DeadRock wrote:

Oh NO's..if he comes he stays......Just kidding brother, of course he would come back.

Kay, when I get round to it, i'll be sure to send him your way, wanna make a custom stand for him first though.

MORE WIPS!!! cheers

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture652Small_zpsb7cfee3c
My new female body, had to gut the slimest fig I had that wasnt Cortana, shes my only one and i cant find another! Biceps swivels are awesome.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture660Small_zpsd27d43a1
WTF is that? Looks like shit now but it will look (somewaht) better when its finished.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture657Small_zps97ed7e46
Black minion Crevice head is finished, now he needs a body!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture658Small_zpsd56fed72
My first custom stand. Its the Power Rangers Samurai/ Shinkenger Crest that is on the suits. Need to paint this sucker gold for the full effect.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture653Small_zps350d63aa
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture654Small_zpsbc75718e
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture655Small_zpsb0d1f670
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture659Small_zps03800313
Whos this sexy son of a bitch? DECAPITAAAATIOOOOONNNNNN!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 am

what an update.. those are really great lots, loving the energy you did on all your custom mini-figs.. specially adding articulation on the female using a sonic arms.. really fits well, can't wait on what's goin on with the 2nd pic, nice sculpt on the minion and the hair on the last guy... keep us posted with more updates.

Can't wait to get them colored.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Awesome stuf coming in from your way, E! That last guy is ALL kinds of cool, I'd love to get my hands on one or two of those!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 am

Tanks dudes. Last guy is almost finished, just need to make his weapon and a very particualr accessory which might end up being a bitch.

Brave, you may be happy too know once Ive painted him and entered him for COM, ill ship him off so everyone can have one Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Loving the updates E, great work brother.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am

TY guys, progress has slowed down on the previous WIPs due to me taking time when it comes to sculpting. In the mean time I decided to work on another body.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture672Small_zpsbe3ac765
Took an old model kit toy and embeded MB ball joints in the arms and crotch. Gonna drill through the feet to see if i can get it to grip a stud. Already have the head for this guy all sculpted lay around somewhere...

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture673Small_zps4cb530f9
Also Compatible with other figs. Needs modding for secure connection in the shoulders though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Crikey! You're blowing me out of the water, more great stuff, Emerald!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:29 am

Wow E, those are amazing, those power rangers' parts really fit in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Ty guys. Gonna donate the body for molding when its finished.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture676Small_zpsa2881765
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture677Small_zps1b1fc55e
Done some more work to this guy. Decided to sculpt on his jacket. Was gonna try and use a wow chest peice but went against that. Got the big spike braclet done. I cant find an axe the resembles the one he uses in the game so I'm making my own. I also need to find an appropiate guitar for this guy. Of course I was planning on using that Blind bag lego fig, but after I discovered that fig, ALL my retailers stoped selling that figures series!!!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture678Small_zps68288854
Crevice body coming along.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture680Small_zps96664fa8
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture681Small_zpscebe31ad

With mega taking ages to make new gear, I decided to do it myself. On Graven is the WIP splauders of heroism and on Colton is the right shoulder of the grand marshalls battlegear.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Looking good E, great work my man.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 am

love the torso detail on the small guy, great job bro.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:57 pm

thanks dudes. Got some more to show.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture687Small_zps5bb3b0d2
Done more work on the custom paladin PVP Alience armor. Always loved the desgin of it even if its a bit dated now.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture686Small_zpsb1009523
Found a new form fitting helmet for my red ranger.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture682Small_zps792b3260
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture683Small_zpsa64f509a
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture684Small_zps3ebf28b3
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture685Small_zpsec475817

Finally finished my Eddie Riggs. For those who dont know he is from the video game brutal legend that was heavily infuenced by heavy metal/Rock & Roll. He was voiced and modelled after Jack Black. I did his axe, "the seperator", but i was comically oversized and I dont like how it turned out so Im using coltons for now. For his flying v guitar "Clementine", I used the gituar from the LEGO mini fig series. Its not supposed to be White but i didnt wanna risk messing it up, I'll just pretend it was one of the mods from the game.
Im quite happy with him, think I over painted the face a bit. Tried so hard getting the eyes to look right. After a while I just gave up. Gonna work on his car next.
For reference:

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 965096-eddie_riggs___fist_of_rock_psd_jpgcopy
On a side note, its a really good game, marred only by some silly desgin choices. Mostly the out of place RTS elements. If you can get past em, You will enjoy the game, espcially the story!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Great job on the shoulder pads/armor, i'm really looking forward to the colored version.

Great job on eddie riggs... he really looked like the guy from the piture.

And lastly that power ranger head really fits, loving him the most...

"It's Morphin Time!"

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 am

Great Job E, really liking these up dates.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Thx dudes.

Continuing wiv mah sculpts:

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture022Small_zps7b3b28bd
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture023Small_zpsecac35b4
Wanting more armor options I took it upon myself to sculpt on the torso rather than the chestpeice since it would likey look weird. I can still swap the torsos anyway so cheers. Here I making my Worgen warrior from my account. He sports the lightforge armor with a couple of other peices. Heres the chest and shoulders.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture024Small_zps3139e5a2
Something a little different here. Not gonna say what it is cause the whole thing will fail if I cant pull off the characters robe. Its looking good for now though.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture025Small-1_zpsa8b1f686
New bulky chest from my wargeymon custom, works well with MB legs.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture026Small_zps28ac178e
WIP of my main WOW character, a human Death Knight.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture028Small_zps953839ee
New helmet. This helm is a reward from the Lich King during the DK intro questline. It has an awsome design and I hope to do it justice.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture027Small_zps7726b2e4
Dafuq is this? Tip: Look at the chest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Great stuffs you got here E.

and is that hand articulated? loving all your ideas, great job.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 pm

beautiful sculpts, can't wait to see some painted version bounce Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Awesome sculpts! That Red Ranger head makes it so much better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Well I finished my worgen armor set, hope I dont dissapoint. Shiny.... Cool

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture034Small_zps127eda8f
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture035Small_zps1c3e1b62
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture036Small_zpsaf36fc34
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture037Small_zps110e113b
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture038Small_zps6733950e
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture039Small_zps80346f31
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture040Small_zpsc618b9ce
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 4 Picture042Small_zps39c2819f

So here is My chara as he appears in game. Sporting the Lightforge armour set and grand marshall's shoulders. Got as much detail as I could but I wasnt too fussed about accuracy. The belt is meant to have diamonds all around it but Im happy as it is. I repainted 2 ragerock swords to ressemble the blade of misfortune weapon that my chara dual-weilds. I wish I got the paint job a little smoother. The camera really picks up the imperfections. Its not that noticable in person but I want to get better.

All in all, Im really happy with how it turned out. Of course I would love mega to make an official mold of this set but untill then This will more than suffice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:39 am

Great work! Man, Figure of the month is going to be tough withe everyones amazing work this month!

Beautiful figure, great detail, and great colors, Just !!!!! Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am

Awesome stuff E, love all the work you put into him.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next