Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor - Page 2 Empty Re: Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor

Post  Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 am

And, just as I'm getting on a roll, here, I have to delay things a bit to focus on the 2nd Trifecta Prophet. things will still happen, just not as fast.

Back to top Go down

Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor - Page 2 Empty Re: Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor

Post  Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

You gotta do what you gotta do. LOKA, you DO have a flipping-the bird hand, don't you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Bravefish90 wrote:LOKA, you DO have a flipping-the bird hand, don't you?

Nightcrawler hand...heroic sword pose hand...

Yup, there it is Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

I figured I at least owed you this much:

Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor - Page 2 100_5877

Sculpting is 95% done on figure. Need to do lots of sanding and shaping work, then painting.

Seems you quote has been redacted by the feds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Seems to have been declassified now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 am

She is all kinds of perfect Mike! I cannot WAIT to see her finished, weapons in hand!

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 am

man not done yet, nobody told you to sleep. Razz
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Man, this is looking fantastic. Great sculpting and flawless paint work.

I would expect nothing less! tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Okay, finally made some progress.

Still needs lots of tweaking, but this should give you a fair idea of what she'll look like:

Female Monster Hunter in Rathian Armor - Page 2 100_5929_zpsaba4838e-1_zps0f9ca6ac

BF - feel free to request changes and I'll do my best to implement them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

this is definitely outstanding, loving the paint details... and that sword... loving all of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Holy shizzle sticks, this is awesome. Brave is going to be so happy.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm

DeadRock wrote:Brave is going to be so happy.

Hope so.

Still several things I'm not happy with. Hopefully, I can fix them without having to rework entire elements.

...And I still owe him a greatsword.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm

What ya not happy with bro, lets brake it down. You might just be to hard on yourself, to me from the pics, it looks fucking amazing.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm

The scales are a bit thick and could use some trimming/shaping. One cluster needs replacing as it didn't fit quite right.

...And honestly - not happy with the paint apps on the scales.

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm

can you take a few pics of it from different angles with out the sword? To me it looks good, I can see the thickness your saying but I dont think its Bad. I dont know the art its based on, or character, or if its totally original, but it is a chick wearing all the armor, most things would look a bit bulkier . I think it looks realistic as is.

As far as the paints, you just dont like how it blends, or just not liking the colors in general?
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd honestly rather spend time correcting the problems instead taking and posting pics of them. The thickness is very noticeable in the shoulder areas and just needs a little dremel time. Paint apps just didn't come out as nice as the first ones on the head piece. need to go back and apply a wash and add some detail - after thinning and shaping a bit. These are based on Brave's in-game character, so trying for accuracy based on the source art provided.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Whoa, just when it seems it can't get any better, Loka sets a whole new level of awesomeness!

I won't ask where the head came from, but the face has a decidedly Asian appearance I'd love to get a hold of...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

No secret there - that's a Liz Swann head from one of the POTC sets. Any Asian features are the result of my repainting the face. If you really want one, I'd say keep an eye on the founder's section Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:27 am

I Love it, Mike! You're amazing!

I can see where you think the scales are too thick, but seriously I'm not wanting you to take too much time on thinning them out. The monster which the scales are taken from have really thick scales that ingame were never really represented correctly. We can call this artistic freedom, because honestly, I can't see how you'd want to further perfect her. I guess that's why you're still king of customs Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Bravefish90 wrote:I Love it, Mike! You're amazing!

I can see where you think the scales are too thick, but seriously I'm not wanting you to take too much time on thinning them out. The monster which the scales are taken from have really thick scales that ingame were never really represented correctly. We can call this artistic freedom, because honestly, I can't see how you'd want to further perfect her. I guess that's why you're still king of customs Very Happy

Cool - but I'm still gonna tweak her a bit king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2