Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bravefish's Customs thread!

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bravefish's Customs thread!

Post  DeadRock Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Love everything about this one, great work brother.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 pm

I like it, can we get a close up pic not in the background? Just a stand alone shot of her?
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 pm

These look great indeed, love the paint work, and the part choices.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks guys! Nothing worse than getting killed by this guy in the game, He's a boss when you first meet him, but then you find others like him in another section as minor enemies. It's like realizing you were dying over and over on the first koopa in Mario, then finally defeating him, you see a dozen more lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 am

Sandman didn't look human to me, so to the undead pile Razz

The Redskull faces were all leftovers from customs anyways, figures why let them waste away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 am

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 A2kJUl

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 B1u91l

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 7qb1il

Just now occurred to me that the four spinnerets I attached to the rear of her spider are gone...

Back to top Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Empty A couple repaints.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 pm

I was trying to mix a few colors up to try to get to that really cool color Mega uses for Cobalt, and stumbled across a real beauty. I was really feeling it, so I painted up a pair of figures to show it off.

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 0xNOol

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 2ZkfOl

I really like this color, so I have a small batch of it left over, might make a fire team with it. I think it looks especially good on the Ascetic Elite. Just wanted to share what I've been dabbling with in between work and other customs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 pm

That looks really good. Hard to tell these aren't retail!

Back to top Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Empty Fish's Solid Snake

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 am

I went for a PSX version of Snake, with a sneaking suit in mind. Didn't really plan on showing him off as he was a gift for a friend, So I just snapped a few quick pics before I sent him off. Here is my version. Very Happy

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Th_103_6937
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Th_103_6938
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Th_103_6935

Last edited by Bravefish90 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Images too large)

Back to top Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Empty R-Type Pilot and Captain.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:58 am

As with most of my customs, These guys are heavily inspired by a video game. R-Type is a very old, but long running game series, and was a favorite of mine till it finally came to an end a few years back. Some of the more recent games included a huge variety of ships and accessories for them, which made the games very entertaining to play. Beyond the main antagonist, the universe was largely left unexplored, and as such, I've started to write about what happens after the second War of Bydo Homecoming. Here are a pair of customs inspired by my story.

This is R-9 Pilot "Ace" Archibald Rogers, currently serving aboard the UFBS-010 Sharp Fate, a Heimdall class Dreadnought on it's last run before being decommissioned. He's currently piloting an R-9E1 Midnight Eye AWACS outside the orbit of Pluto.
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 DCTPal

And this is the commander of the Sharp Fate, Captain Gustan Dillon. A veteran of the first and second wars of the Bydo Homecoming, and was a test pilot for the Space corps during the first Bydo invasion. A well respected man, Gus leads his crew with a commanding, yet caring touch. His aging ship soon to retire, he knows well that the men and women aboard will soon find new positions and captains to serve under. He is currently in orbit around Neptune running training exercises and serving as a refuel/repair station for early warning radar craft in the vicinity.
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 XriJwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 am

Only having played the first 3 in a limited capacity I didn't know there were people in the game. Hahah. These look really good. You have fun sanding/filing the pockets? Wink Made me realize I forgot something...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 am

That a cap body with whiplash head? Works good! Makes me want a Cyborg Ninja Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 pm

is that head from asphalt?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes sir. I originally had something else planned for him, but I couldn't resist using him in this custom.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Actually, its a cap body with Iceman's head! Looks very similar to Whips though, but you can tell the difference if you look close.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Ahh.. the pictures blur when I zoom in. Doesn't help that I'm on a phone.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm

These look very cool, great work B.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 am

thats a tough gig pulling off a sculpted head band, nice job

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:57 am

Myn Dwun wrote:Only having played the first 3 in a limited capacity I didn't know there were people in the game. Hahah. These look really good. You have fun sanding/filing the pockets? Wink Made me realize I forgot something...

In the first 6 games, people are rarely even mentioned. My favorite in the series, R-Type Command, you play as a commander of a fleet of ships, instead of the single R-9. It gives you a real sense of the humanity behind the devastation that the Bydo Empire reeked upon us as humans in that games universe. Didn't see your reply before, or I would have said something earlier Razz

Sanding is fun, whats interesting is that in person, I couldn't tell that there are still pocket remnants left, but in the pic, I can see that I didn't do such a great job. I'll be fleshing these two out in the story section, if you care to give it a read. I'll also have alternate clothing styles for Ace, as he's not going to be in his uniform all the time.

The head from Asphalt is GREAT! I'm ordering a few more from him asap, as they are simply too perfect to pass up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Made a head for Ace, and a pop and swap/repaint body with just a TEENSY mod done to it. Lets see who can spot it. The symbol on his shirt is that of Bydogen in R-Type Command. Ace is kind of a "hipster", wearing things that are a little retro for his day and age, and things that may not be socially acceptable, like the symbol of a race that's hellbent on human destruction...
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 H3JVul
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 6j4uIl

Last edited by Bravefish90 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment added.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 am

Here's what I'll be using as the observation deck on board the Sure Victory. I'll likely add more details, but this is a decent rough out.
Interior:
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 E3kgMl
Exterio: I really like how it came out, rough, utilitarian, ugly Razz
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 OGJDml
This section of the Sure Victory is just above the Vaen Cannon, it's main weapon. All open space operations are conducted through this station, and targeting for the main cannon is done here as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 pm

looking good bro, and love seeing your verse take shape. Question where did the legs on the guy in jeans come from?
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks man, I'm really loving exploring this verse, even if it's mostly already built, I'm having fun moving my characters around in it.

Jeans are from the Xtreme Sports figures, they're old, but still available sometimes on Ebay. I THINK I sent one to Asphalt, emphasis on think...

Back to top Go down

Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 Empty Another Bowie.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 am

I loved this game, Loved the default armor, and love the fact that the sequel to it will be coming out soon!

This was my main character when playing online, and minus a few icky bits I noticed thanks to my camera, He's a pretty good representation of my PSO Bowie.
Bravefish's Customs thread! - Page 2 100_8198
I butchered up the head a little, but for that arm piece there, no excuse. Just something I didnt see until I got the picture Razz
I plan on making him a few more weapons and some Mags as well, so should be seeing him again in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Got to love how pictures bring flaws to your attention... only helps us make them better in the long run! Off to a good start still!

I remember playing Phantasy Star... on SMS... Never cared for turn based rpgs... maybe if they use a variation on the Unreal engine for PSO2 I'd consider checking it out. hahah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next