Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Empty Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 am

First just want to say thanks to Asphalt for the invite.

Long time customiser here. Not been in the blok scale scene long, but i do have a few peices to share.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture175
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture176
After some calibrating, i was finally able to get a decent shot of my latest head sculpts. They are not finished yet, still need to alter a certain Turian's mandibles and thin out the quarian's hood.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture178
This is a custom armour set based on my own designs. This is the Overbute's from Overlord 3(fan made)
The helmet is meant to look like his head is encased by minion claws and the shoulders will ressemble minion heads.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture180
My power rangers samurai mega mode customs. Mega red was actually my first blok scale custom.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture182
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture183
Normal mode red with optional super samurai coat. AKA. The Elvis mode
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture184
My best blok custom yet. Just need a new staff and he will be complete.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture187
Green ranger with a very chibi head!! Yes the sheild can come off and be worn by someone else.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture109_zps9e840360
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture111_zps1992aa3c
WIP megazord.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture127
Repainted my judgement armor, replacing the dull yellow with a nice gold.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture188
My fave weapons
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture188

Back to top Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks for coming over Emerald. What material do you sculpt in? To me it looks like plumbers epoxy putty, just from the texture but I could be wrong. I like those first two heads you posted, what are they working on being?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:29 am

Happy to be here Asphalt! I use Aves apoxie sculpt for all my sculpting needs. Its air drying, 2 part clay. Once the 2 equal parts are mixed properly, you have around 3-4 hours before it cures. It begins to stiffen in 30mins, thats when you go for the fine details. I really recommend it. Its the only sculpting clay I have ever used and ever will. Cures rock hard, easy to smooth out and plenty of working time!

My first 2 heads are going to be Tali and Garrus from Mass Effect. I'm really happy with Garrus but Tali's head looks a bit too big for a female body. I may have to sculpt 1 from scratch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm

I am familiar with Aves. Just didn't look like it to me for some reason. It is good stuff. Unfortunately, my supply has gotten a little old. I didn't use it fast enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Love it all, and cant wait to see those wips done and painted.

Really digging the Power rangers on these bodys, so much better then the standard mega figure. I would have bought every set if they were on that body. You have now given me a new custom project to work on.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Ah, Emerald! You've snuck some new ones in on us there. Loving that Mega Zord, and your other stuff seems to be coming together nicely!

Can't wait to see your finished Mega scale Mega Zord lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm

The megazord head must have looked enormous on the original body. It fits great on the new shoulders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 pm

The megazord head actually looked quite tiny on its original fig. Its from the 5 inch retrofire MMPR megazord. Completely un-altered. The only thing i did was make a unique neck peice for the head to clutch onto.
Are you sure this is the first you have seen of it brave? I'm certain i posted it somewhere else...
I may end redoing the shoulders. They look a little deformed and one seems bigger than the other. It drives me mad when my stuff isn't symetrical!!

I can wait to see what project i have influenced DeadRock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I know exactly which figure you are talking about. I never looked at it too close, how articulated was that thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

In a word. Moronically. Instead of the standard action figure articulation: Knees, elbows, swivel out shoulders, ball joint neck and waist swivel. The retrofire figures have asymetrical articulation. Designed to hold a couple of specific poses sacraficing playability. One arm had an elbow joint, but no outward shoulder movement. The shoulder just rotates like one of those cheap dollar store figures. The other arm had full shoulder movement and a wrist swivel but no elbow!!!
Some of the later ones were even worse. These things are pitched as collector items but are nowhere near collector quality. Which is a shame cause i really love the stylized nature of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 am

well that is disapointing. I was hoping they might be salvageable for mecha parts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

What kind of mecha are you thinking of. I got around the awful arm articulation by getting the arm with a swivel out shoulder from the RPM High Octane MZ. Replaced it with the MMPR elbowed arm (had to modify the fit with clay to keep it in place). Then I cut the arms in half and embeded small revoltech joints to make elbows. Bit of a pain in the ass, but it adds alot to the overall fig.

Updates:
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture193
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture194
Going through my many fodder boxes i found an old Minion head sculpt. This thing is years old, you can see its started to yellow. It was based on a Minion from the game Overlord. As the overlord you control an army of these tiny critters as they kill sheep, harrass villagers, get drunk, kill anything you dont like and putt a variety of stupid things on their heads. You can get it really cheap now, if you havent played it, look it up on youtube and give it a chance.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture195
Finished my Garrus head and begun work on the body. I took the torso from a 4 inch revoltech fig. Im going for his mass effect 2 armour and this torso has a closely matching shape. Just need to bulk out the collar, add the shoulders and modify the waist.

Also making another Tali. The other 2 were just too big for my tastes.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Loving the updates.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Not as cute as a Twinkie with goggles, but that minion is pretty adorable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Adorable?! These things are gremlins of grizzly death, they despise cute!!! Although it is quite endearing to watch them get really excited when they storm a boozer, then come back outside to relieve themselves. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:18 pm

yep I said it, they are adorable. Are they that big in the game? Or would they need to be smaller to be in scale with the body.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm

They normally come to just above a humans waist, so yeah, it would need to be smaller for a more accurate scale. The problem there is thats the smallest build i can use if i want to keep articulation. The head was made for a 4inch body at first, so i could maybe make a new smaller head, although I'm kinda attached to the one I already have. I really do like the "chibi" look. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah these look evil for sure, like evil gremlins, you need to have that head cast and then mod the hell out of it, with mohawks, spikes thru the nose, what ever your mind can think of, and I am sure it can think of loads. Very Happy
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Minions with mohawks!! It must be done!!

After many hours of calibrations, I have finally finished my custom Garrus Valkarian fig.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture199
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture200
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture202
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture198
Hes not perfect by any means. The eyes were a pain to paint without looking herpy-derpy and you cant even see them. Symetry is off, Collar could be wider and the paint seems really easy to chip for some reason. Despite all the flaws I am hugely happy with this guy. I want to cast his body so i can make it better. I didnt have any paint for his head so i just applied a dark wash on the cured clay and enjoyed the result. This could pass for any namless Turian in the ME verse. Most of my paint has gone all solid so i had to leave his colony markings off.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture197
Group shot! Tali on the left and my Asari head on the right. Dam Garrus is a little out of scale Mad
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture204
Colton likes his new armour and sword!
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture205
WIP Gokai Red. Gokaiger is a priate themed sentai( the source footage of power rangers) where the Gokaigers were able to use every sentai team's power that came before. It was sentai's 35th anniversairy and a PR fans wet dream!!
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture207
WIP shark sword from PR Samurai. Mega didnt make one, so i will!
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture208
Overbrute armour update.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture209
The base for greatest smeg head in the cosmos!! Yeah, with the recent revival of Red Dwarf I must have the crew in block form!! Of course Rimmer is first. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 am

These are looking pretty good! Very nice sculpts you've got going.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks man. Hopefully soon I can cast these properly.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture296Small
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture297Small
New sheild

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture298Small
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture300Small
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture303Small
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) Picture305Small
derp... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Hehe, Ash is adorable! Great job man, You've got a lot in the works, like me. Ugh, I need to get some finished Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:38 am

Your sculpting is awesome! Hard to chose a favorite.

Just a little advice, I know these are WIP's but try sanding some of them down a bit to get rid of any finger prints and smooth out any areas. I use a 320 fine sanding block to smooth areas and some needle files and needle sanders. Keep it up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 am

Sweet job on all these! Garrus is intimidating. Gotta admit, I don't know most of the characters, but I admire your impressive sculpting.

How's the shark sword coming along?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Yea, theres alot in the works but i dont know which ones I can actually be bothered to finish. I was just fishing for some random heads and came across an old ash figure and the pikachu he came with. I'll probably finish him eventually.

Thanks for the advice marky. Most of the time I dont notice the imperfections untill I have the photo uploaded.

Thanks for the kind words Pheonix. Ive finished sculpting the shark sword but need to find the right paint for it. It may be difficult to match that purple/maroon and steel blue colour scheme its got. I have a smaller one in the works to scale better with the lego like mini-figs since the one i have here is comicly over sized in their hands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next