Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:40 am

Awesome shot! Voltron is looking really nice..and I'm sure I can find a means to add the wings on (handi-snacks red cheese spreader comes immediately to mind for some reason). Glad to hear this stuff is on it's way to the maker for mass distribution!

DR, please put me down for 2 Voltron (and 2 fem body) once ready!
Just PM me pricing so I know how much to send Very Happy (will pay in advance if needed)

...somewhat unrelated: has anyone found a good fem-head source yet besides Cortana? I gave Barbie a try and experienced BDH big-time...even after giving her about an hour of 'plastic surgery'.

Back to top Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Glad You like him dude. Let me know how those cheese sticks work out Very Happy 

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture005Medium_zps9286055a

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture006Medium_zps2607d648

Flamedramon Is taking shape. Now ive got some clay on his legs, he doesnt look quite so funky.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture012Medium_zps8a7fca37
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture014Medium_zps87e10d24
Working on a new Ranger, Blue this time for a change of pace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture002Medium_zpsaf09fa2a

Beginings of my Kamen Rider Beast. I have an inkling this is gonna be a tough one to do. Theres so much detail on the show suit that Im gonna have a really hard time sculpting. Still I like a challenge!!!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture009Medium_zpsb1971587
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture010Medium_zpsa88d243f

Flamedramon now has a tail. Its not pointy and angular like it should be but I dont care. Its good for me...I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

Poor Donnie, has to avert his eyes. Great work as usual sir.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:44 am

I know this has been mentioned before - but which TMNT figures are those?
Surprised you haven't dotted the eyes w/ a drop of white yet (I did that to my uber-turtle and it improved the look of him by 40% easy)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

Those are the TMNT Classics from Playmates. The just came out with Rocksteady and Bebop. Well they are pre-order actually. ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:17 am

blogness wrote:Those are the TMNT Classics from Playmates. The just came out with Rocksteady and Bebop. Well they are pre-order actually. ..

Why did I google them...why!!! Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 3123386427

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:21 am

Asphalt wrote:Poor Donnie, has to avert his eyes.  Great work as usual sir.

Thx dude Very Happy

SABR, They are the 5inch classics line, based on the first cartoon series. They are awesome but each one I have seems to have some kind of QC issue. Donnie and Leo have a loose bicep swivel, Raph and Mikey have a somewhat weak hip joint. Not super weak, It will hold but they do feel looser than the opposite hip. Each Turtle also seems to have a derpy look going on with the eyes.

Despite these issues, can honestly say I think they are worth the asking price. £15 each, worth it for me. Now Playmates needs to get off their ass and make a classic Shredder and Splinter with the same articulation!

EDIT: It would seem Bloggie, I have been.....Ninja'd!!Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 pm

I got lucky with the ones I bought. Only Mikey (of course, my favorite) has slightly derpy eyes. It's more like he is looking up, though. I've heard/read Donnie has the most cases of derp eyes. The joints on the ones I got were actually TOO stiff. I had to give them all a good warm-up with a hair dryer for them to loosen up. Shredder and some foot soldiers would be great! I just can't wait to get Rocksteady and Bebop!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Fully art. shredder would be A-Bazinga-mazing!
The cartoony eyes are kinda killing it for me, but I'm still tempted to get some of these guys and white the eyeballs out circa classics toys.

It feels a bit ironic that although the cartoon was my favorite as a child, it's my memory of the figures that's most cherished, isn't it? (Or perhaps just a sign of a great figure design)

(EDIT):
Once seen in person...i caved in:
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 1011510_589743874410376_1706284676_n
Sadly emmie you were right, the joints are rather weak (after damn near breaking them to get the pivots to work). Still a great figure though. Now to make it a BETTER figure pirat 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:23 pm

And so It begins. You know youre gonna have to get the other 3 right? Theres nothing you can do, its just a matter of time:D
The joints on mine seem to have tightened somewhat, I mean they are still looser than they should be but better than they were when I first took em out of the package. Weird.

Its not weird at all that you cherish the toys more than the show. My fondest memory of Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles (cos for some reason "ninja" was a no no in the UK in the 90s) Was loading up that bright yellow party wagon with those spring loaded turtles. Id spend ages making them backflip!!Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Oh nostalgia....
So Sabr where did you find those in the wild, how much, and did they only have Leo?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Found them @ TRU for $19.99, they had all 4 (doubles IIRC).
Now that I've got Leo I REALLY want a splinter and shredder!
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 1075280_449307468499249_1827052460_n
..and I couldn't resist:
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 1070045_449308595165803_777462535_n
See the full galleries V1 here and V2 here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 am

Awesomesauce Sabr! Loving what you done with the eyes and that last pic. Might do that myself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks Shiny!
I must admit - I'm a bit ashamed that after advertising that last pic across facebook, you're the first to comment on it.
Personally I thought it was funny (SO anti-Leo)... is it immature that the last pic was actually the first one I took of him? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Yep so anti Leo. This is the kinda thing I see Raph doing. Wich is why I have holding his Sai between his fingers in for a similar gesture Very Happy

Yes its also immature, then again we are grown adults still playing with toys, maturity died out a long time ago!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Emerald-shine wrote:Yep so anti Leo. This is the kinda thing I see Raph doing. Wich is why I have holding his Sai between his fingers in for a similar gesture Very Happy

Yes its also immature, then again we are grown adults still playing with toys, maturity died out a long time ago!

OH! Now I get it.  Razz  I guess it counts as his pointer and middle finger.  I really like the way that the all white eyes came out.  I think I may have to do that myself...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Exactly Very Happy 

Lets get back on track.
Made some progess on my Kamen Rider Beast.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture015Medium_zps4fa65640

While the chest doesnt look quite accuarrate, Im happy enough. Theres alot more bulk to this guys design than Wizard's.
Heres how he should look.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture016Medium_zpsc3ea82f4

I know mega are releasing a collectors MMPR set, but in the meantime I'll make my own Green.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture019Medium_zps77b618b8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:53 am

Greenie's looking great! Man who didnt love him! So much awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Loving the progress bro.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanx dudes, well heres some more progress.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture022Medium_zps91955679
REALLY digging these new bodies!! Heres my Red zeo ranger. Only sculpted the visor on cause I hate the mouths on the show helmets. Gonna leave the stud on the sword as is so i can mount things on it, you know, for science.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture023Medium_zps503478f6
Cause Pirates are awesome. In truth, I just really wanted to use the helmet I already made ages ago.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture024Medium_zps184f638c
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture026Medium_zpsc7f3887b
Dam you sexy beast! Ive decided to omit his ring holder that is supposed to attatch to his hip. If I put that thing on theres no way DR could cast it without breaking something.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture029Medium_zps56fc4468
A bit of a weird one. Its not for MB scale. Its for another project that DR is assisting me on. If all goes well though, it might look good on the MB body too.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture020Medium_zpsaeaaeadf
A small teaser, If anyone can get this we can be BFF's!!I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Jack from nightmare before Christmas?
Worth a shot...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Dumb Donald from Fat Albert.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for that LOKA, I had no idea who dumb donald was so I googled it and WTF was that? I only saw pics but dam that looked weird.

I can see why you thought that SABR, Buts sadly you guys arent even close. I'll give you a hint: Its a video game, a somewhat dark toned game in its own right. One I get the nose on Im sure you'll get instantly even if your not a fan.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 am

So I havent done any sculpting for a bit. Thats cause yesterday I was busy playing with a certain package. Heres what I got up to.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture030Medium_zps859dd66d
Original on the left DR cast on the right. Finally got some paint on these guys. I repainted the cast into Nemesis Prime, Optimus's dark counterpart. Sadly I seem to have lost one of the wheels. Im sure it was in there but i cannot find that bitch. Not quite finished yet. I wanna apply a wash to em and try make em look a little battle worn.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture033Medium_zps59320f5e
Voltron is on the way.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture037Medium_zps620a852a
FASTER!!FASTER!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture032Medium_zpsf01abe13
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture031Medium_zps4d0b349f

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 6 Picture038Medium_zpsf32f1b53
Totally digging this, it NEEDS to be painted!!

Got loads more stuff to come. So many peices to paint, so little time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next