Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture039Medium_zpscde1b9aa
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture046Medium_zps1e703052
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture049Medium_zps8a6b7017

Finally finshed my WOW main toon. Apollomite the Death knight. Not quite an exact replication, but close enough. The armour wasnt meant to look black, its meant to have a greyish blue tint. The paint I used was ment to be a dark blue but I must have mixed it wrong and it came out black. The skulls on the shoulders could have been better too. Still need to make his sword.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture044Medium_zps3516429c
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture045Medium_zpsbcdce3a1

Youve met with a terrible fate havent you?

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture040Medium_zps49838c99

Same game, same character too scratch 

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture043Medium_zps8a37e6b9

Working on a new spandex clad king.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture052Medium_zps160981e6

Another one Very Happy 
BTW LOVE this body!!!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture041Medium_zps71a92015

Looks like my Flamedramons legs work well with the artist-formally known as Myn's awesome scorpion torso.

Back to top Go down

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Empty Re: Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy)

Post  DeadRock Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Loving the updates brother, keep them coming, and I see you are putting many of the parts to good use.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

http://www.deadrock2012.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 am

Glad I'm not the only one working on their MMO toon! Mine are from DCUO though... LoZ stuff is looking nice too! The Zelda/Astro(lady)Boy thing though... maybe it'd be better not to show that until it's finished...

I want a Scorpion cast even more now! That fka Myn guy sure could use bread ties and epoxy! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:40 am

Rob you will have yours this week.
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:42 am

Can't wait! Need to sell some albums or something to build up my paypal and get some epoxy.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:43 am

Let me check I might have some I can spare. I use green stuff and Aves fixit sculpt, would they work?
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadRock Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:44 am

E awesome stuff brother, you are a damn sculpting machine...
DeadRock
DeadRock
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:47 am

I have some super cheap 5 minute plumbers epoxy I found hidden at Lowes... I think I made the foot with it. ANYTHING would be better. hahah

Well... except for the only long setting epoxy I've found down here. Martha Stewart jewelry epoxy... $15 for .71 oz.... yeah...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:35 pm

5 minute epoxy? Does that mean it sets within 5 mins? That cant be right cause thats no way near enough time work with. What if I fuck up the layer? Dam.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Exactly why I've done very little since I've been down here. I've been using 5 minute epoxy for a LONG time... for things like plumbing, auto body work, uhh... places other people would use duct tape.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture081Medium_zps0d7d58db
Finished my Kamen rider wizard. Well I say finished, I still need to go over with another layer of black thanks to my camera revealing all the spots I missed!! Also missing his robe but this shall do for now.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture089Medium_zps412ac376
I digg it.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture083Medium_zpsd092a244
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture085Medium_zpsfb2dd36b
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture086Medium_zps43c7edc8
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture084Medium_zps44ef7b34
Finally got round to painting my powny casts from DR. Its great to finally see my silly little crossover take form. Still gonna paint her symbol on the chest once I get a smaller brush and I need to fix some loose joints and paint chipping. Not sure why but her elbows and left shoulder are very loose. They werent before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Definitely look better than the Pony barbies I saw at walmart.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:39 am

Ohmigosh ohmigosh omigosh omigosh its rainbow dasaasssssshhhhhhh

Epic! Great job E!
Also... pony barbies, they coukda been so much better! Take the ears off, dumb down thecolors, bam i woulda bought em all. Instead i just bought pinkkie. Caise i love pinkie. Always.,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks dudes. I wouldnt quite call her epic Brave my paint job is horseshit. Very Happy

I was gonna attempt pinkie first coz I like her head the most. Just need to find some matching paint for my colour scheme. I dont like mixing paints cause If I dont paint the whole thing in one session I never seem to be able to reproduce that colour again. I also use far too much and waste my precious supply.

You should be congragulating yourself also, these wouldnt have happed if it hadnt been for your pony spartans.Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Finally got a couple of customs finished over here.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture139Medium_zpsf524e1be
Not much suclpting going on here, well not by me anyway Very Happy
No Idea if this colour scheme is accurate or not, I just REALLY wanted to paint this awesome sculpt.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture141Medium_zps3c5b93f2
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture145Medium_zpsa4d382dd
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture147Medium_zpsf37f1145
Only thing I sculpted here was the head. Its a very old sculpt and I cant remember where it came from but Who cares it looks sweet Very Happy

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture149Medium_zps56d9da97
My Kyoru Red begins his paintage. Having some problems getting the yellow on evenly.
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture150Medium_zps484c8810
Because pop n swaps are cool. This mimics the power up mode he gets in the show where his arms get replaced by shrunken down versions of the teams zords. I dig it.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture151Medium_zpsddffecac
MMPR White ranger.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture154Medium_zpsdaddddcc
Dragon stalker armor on a Worgen.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture153Medium_zpsdd7d0375
WIP SPD shadow ranger. I chose his battaliser mode so founders could get use out of the "techy" parts of the armor.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture152Medium_zpsfdc10b16
Imperialdramon armour.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture156Medium_zps9d839764
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture157Medium_zpsa0ce9057
Dunno what to call this. Its a custom armor design I came up with. Look Open faced helmet!!

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture159Medium_zps41584419
I love that shoulder pad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 am

You are a machine. These are coming along quite nicely. I really enjoy the dragon stalker and digi armor. I am looking forward to seeing those finished. The unknown skully helmet loots good with the green. Gonna give him it an inkwash?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 pm

I will be doing an ink wash.... eventually. Sadlly Im like Valve when it comes to that, "eventually " can mean "never"No 

These should tide you over in the meantime.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture166Medium_zpsa3e9486e
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture168Medium_zpscc2ed180
White Ranger V2.
I was able to reuse the head, but had to resculpt everything else. The slender proportions really add to the ranger astethic.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture169Medium_zps83083d85
Kyruou Red V2.
Thanks to the arms I was able to add the reptilain scale pattern.

Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture171Medium_zpse1be532d
White Wolf V2
My own White Wolf gets an upgrade. Likely gonna redo the head, looks a little big.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Seems you are making good use of the new bodies.
those rangers are golden man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm

really like these, nice job. The added articulation adds so much to this scale figure! Man can't wait until TRU ships mine... bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks guys, gonna be a while before I paint em though cause ive been a little busy with this...
Emeralds custom bloks (pic heavy) - Page 7 Picture172Medium_zps9f1e8c97
Yep, im giving casting another go. Following walk thrus and Aspalts advice on 1 part molds heres where im at. Had some trouble getting a perfect replica. Left to right are my casts in order of attempts. Im pretty happy with the last one even though its incomplete, Ill just pretend its battle damage. The rubber picked up all the detail on the part right down to my shody paint job and brush marks.

Atm, im only making molds for one part. Im kinda worried I wont be able to ensure the resin gets into every nook and cranny if im doing more than one part (for the time being).

While its early days yet, eventually I want to offer custom casts for you guys in a bid to help out the casting project.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:23 am

Looks to me like you didn't cut the mold between the fingers. Is it sliced open all the way or is each finger a small tunnel?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:28 am

Each finger is a small tunnel. Will slicing the mold between fingers help?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 pm

It certainly will.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I shall hafta try that. In the meantime, I got some custom torsos molded and some pretty good casts of them. My Troll, Drannei, worgen female and human female torsos. Pretty happy with the results and cant wait to get more custom parts molded. Just one prob.... Im out of rubber!!!Sad  Ive only got 4 molds done. Granted I did waste some cause I didnt know how much to mix, I could have probably got 5-6 molds If i was more careful. Still this stuff really doesnt last long and I now respect Asphalt and DR even more. This stuff is not cheap!!Sad
I do find making the mold somewhat tedious and quite a chore, but the results are so worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Wait till it becomes known you do mold work and everyone wants you to get stuff done for them.  Smile Glad it's comeing along for you man. It is a learning experience. The more you do the better you will get at it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next